Thursday, August 20, 2009

ASP.Net MVC 4 all: what's next?

Yesterday I released a new version of the "ASP.Net MVC 4 All". Of course its free for all ;)

I believe the basics part is now robust enough, and the new PDF is easier to navigate thanks to the Office 2007 add-in that provides the convertion between DOCX and PDF (it's great to have the links active and a native index to surf it).

So, what's next? Well, I've been thinking, and now that the tutorial has many toy samples to show the basic MVC capabilities, as well of several ASP.Net techniques, the most natural thing is to work in a complete system to show the complete development pipeline of an application.

To do this, it's very impoortant to state a method to make the analysis and design of the app, and apply it to this new system.

I have several options for this system:
- project management site
- an information system for a construction company
- a history site, that adopts some social networking-oriented functionality

From the technical perspective, I want to integrate some Silverlight 3 things (yesterday I went to a tech days session and it was very interesting), WCF and some other stuff I'm working on.

I am starting today with all these, so I believe maybe it will be ready for late september.

No comments: